Topics

This week’s member meeting

Miriam Berkley

Dear Fellow PWP Members,

I would like to attend this week’s member meeting, but I will need help getting there.
Last Monday I fell on the street and broke my arm, which is now in a sling for the next month. I have not been out since except to see the orthopedist, and do not feel confident enough to go out on my own at this point.

Is there some member who would be kind enough to pick me up at my apartment and walk me over? I live on W. 51st St. just east of Ninth Avenue, not so far - less than a mile - from the meeting.

You can contact me via email but a text message is probably surer to reach me.
See my cell phone number in the signature to this email.

Thank you.
Miriam

Miriam Berkley
353 W. 51st St., #1A/6
NY, NY 10019
Mobile 917-207-6255

Nica Strong

I would be happy to pick you up and walk you over.  My phone number is 347-624-9587.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 8:02 AM Miriam Berkley via Groups.Io <Miriam.berkley=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Annah Bode

Hello Miriam

Sorry to hear about your predicament!

I fractured my left wrist a few years ago.

Based on my experience, I highly recommend that you get yourself a cane.
(Esco has the ones that you can adjust to your height.)

A cane helps to steady you and -- almost more importantly in midtown Manhattan -- largely keeps people from barging in to you.
My experience was that people don't care much about arms in slings, but they do react to a cane!

(And don't forget to do your exercises religiously once the cast comes off. Otherwise, you may not regain full motion and flexibility.)

Happy healing and walking around!

Annah

On 4/7/2019 8:02 AM, Miriam Berkley via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Beth

One minute later, assistance! This is why I love this group! Thanks Nica!
Beth