Topics

MOMA

Barbara Nelson 1

RE: MOMA
Spent the day in the newly redesigned and enlarged  MOMA - now open to the public.  Fabulous - really unbelievable the changes that have been made including mixing mediums and showcasing work by artists from diverse geographies and backgrounds - nothing boring any more. They plan to rotate installations in many of the galleries (mostly the new West wing) every 6 months so there is always something new for members and visitors.

Not to be missed Daily performances In one gallery on 6th floor “Allora & Calzadilla’s Fault Lines - features a duet by two boy sopranos— performed hourly from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. They  perform in open space moving on, and around ancient looking large rock/stones as if having an intense debate in ancient times.

And on the second floor in the Marron Atrium, the sonic sculptures of Haegue Yang’s Handles are activated daily.

Added many more seating areas and other amenities.  I’ll be back again soon.

Barbara Nelson

--
Barbara Nelson

Mary Flores-Camacho

Thank you for letting us know. The last time I went there, two of the floors were closed.  I'm so excited to see the new changes.