From: International Center of Photography <membership@...>
Subject: ICP Members, we are reopening October 1!
Date: September 16, 2020 at 2:59:22 PM EDT

International Center of Photography
Image

We are open October 1!

ICP is re-opening on Thursday, October 1! Thank you for being an ICP member and providing the support and patience that got us through the last six months. We can't wait to welcome you back to our brand-new home on Manhattan’s Lower East Side.

As an ICP Member, you receive free admission to ICP. Enjoy our space and exhibitions safely by reserving your complimentary timed-entry ticket online.

To reserve your member ticket, all you need is your ICP Member ID #. You do not need your membership card to reserve your ticket.

Your ICP Member ID # is:  900029731

Our galleries and shop will be open Thursday through Sunday, 11 AM to 7 PM. For more information about how we are welcoming you back safely, read our updated Visitor Information and Accessibility guidelines and policies.

Members who visit ICP will also receive a complimentary ICP Supporter tote! With limited availability, totes will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Learn more about our exhibitions. We are thrilled to reopen with three new exhibitions and Tyler Mitchell: I Can Make You Feel Good, all of which address this tumultuous time:

  • #ICPConcerned: Global Images for Global Crisis: With contributions from over sixty countries, this evolving exhibition draws from the tens of thousands of images being posted with the hashtag launched by ICP in March, inviting our global community to make and share images of their experiences. From COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter to the California fires and demonstrations against authoritarian regimes, #ICPConcerned will present 1000 images of our time, wrapping around ICP’s largest gallery space.

  • COVID New York: Five ICP Alumni: In April, five imagemakers, all alumni of ICP’s One-Year Certificate Programs, were commissioned to photograph here in New York for a month. With the pandemic at its height, all took on the challenge in their own way.

  • George Georgiou: Americans Parade: As the United States approaches an election, we present Georgiou’s group portraits taken at street parades across the country. Made just four years ago, in the run-up to the 2016 election, these photographs take on a deeper resonance for our present moment.

  • Tyler Mitchell: I Can Make You Feel Good: In February, Mitchell presented his first US solo exhibition at ICP as a declaration of joy and presence, and an imagining of Black utopias. In these times of renewed struggle for racial justice, ICP is honored to extend this exhibition and invite our audiences to re-view the significance and potency of his work.

Images: Kesh Nthamba, Racial Abuse and Police Brutality, Kibra, Kamukunji. Kenya, June 3, 2020. ©
Kesh Nthamba; Jeenah Moon, from “Life Goes On,” April, 2020. © Jeenah Moon; George Georgiou, Martin Luther King Day Parade, Los Angeles, California. January 18, 2016. © George Georgiou; Tyler Mitchell, Untitled (Group Hula Hoop), 2019. © Tyler Mitchell
Reserve Your Timed Entry Tickets
Image

We need your support. Concerned photography is needed now more than ever. When we closed our doors in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic we had spent just six weeks in our new space at 79 Essex Street. Making a fully tax-deductible donation to ICP ensures that we can continue to sustain our online programs while we welcome visitors back in-person.

Images: Saul Metnick for ICP
Donate Now
Image

We look forward to seeing you soon. Visit our website for latest information on what’s open. Not ready to come back yet? That’s ok! Take a Continuing Education class, attend public programs, engage with our collections, and more online through ICP from Anywhere

Images: © Anthoula Lelekidis (CE Student)
Learn More about ICP from Anywhere
International Center of Photography
79 Essex Street, New York, NY 10002

Gallery Hours:
Thursday–Sunday, 11 AM–7 PM

#ICPConcerned: Global Images for Global Crisis, COVID New York: Five ICP AlumniGeorge Georgiou: Americans Parade, and Tyler Mitchell: I Can Make You Feel Good have been made possible by the generous support of the ICP Exhibitions Committee: Luana Alesio, Debby Brown, Michael Clinton, Marnie Gelfman, Almudena Legorreta, Elizabeth Richebourg Rea, Helena Sokoloff, and Heather Vrattos.

Exhibitions at ICP are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. Additional exhibition support is provided by the Joseph and Joan Cullman Foundation for the Arts, Inc.

Leadership support for exhibition, education, and community programs at the International Center of Photography is provided by our Trustees and generous individuals and institutions in our community; by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Want to change how you receive these emails? You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

View this email in your browser

--
Barbara Nelson