Topics

DEADLINE TONIGHT!!!! LUMINOSITY - THE IMPACT OF LIGHT

Maddi Ring

Don't forget the PWP discount -

New York Center for Photographic Art
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

NEWSWORTHY AT NYC4PA

 - FROM A SEED....A WORLD OF BOTANICALS prize winning images are in GALLERIES
 - Summer call for entry STREET PHOTOGRAPHY is underway - check out our website.
 - PLEASE NOTE - given the uncertainty of COVID-19 we are using our mid winter/summer prize model for this call, rather than plan for an exhibition and have to cancel.  Cash prizes total $4,000 rather than $3,000 and there will be 5 additional Juror Selections.
 - ARTEXPO 2020 originally scheduled for April 23 - 26 has been postponed to October 1- 4, 2020.  There are a few spots left.

 LUMINOSITY

THE IMPACT OF LIGHT

NEW YORK CENTER

FOR

PHOTOGRAPHIC ART

International Juried Call for Entry

JUROR:  LOUISE FEDETOV-CLEMENTS

Artistic Director QUAD - Director FORMAT Itl Photography Festival

DEADLINE:  JUNE 23, 2020
Midnight - Pacific Time

Online Gallery - Catalog - $4,000 in cash awards

   $35 entry for 3 images - $10 each additional image

LUMINOSITY - THE IMPACT OF LIGHT

Light and its quality is the basic element of photography. There is an iconic photograph of Grand Central Station with streams of sunlight filling the airspace as it reflects off dust particles in the air. In photography the same subject, nothing more than a snapshot at one time of day, becomes an impactful image at another.  Sunsets are beautiful and midday sun is harsh. A strategically placed light can create amazing portraits; late afternoon is a world of shadow and light that warms everything it touches.

For this call we are looking for images where the presence, absence, and/or the location of light made the difference. Glare, flare, shadow, fill light all work as do lampshades aglow from an inside bulb, night lights in a city, streaming rays of sunlight on a floor or as seen passing through a dusty atmosphere.  There are examples everywhere. Show us your shots where light is a key element.  All photo mediums are welcome.

EXHIBITION AND AWARDS:
There will be 10 cash prizewinners, 20 Juror Selections and 20 Honorable Mentions

CASH PRIZES
Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $1,100.  The image will be featured on the home page of the NYC4PA website.
First Prize: 3 photographers will receive $400.
Second Prize: 3 photographers will receive $325.
Third Prize: 3 photographers will receive $250.

ONLINE GALLERY, CATALOG and AWARD CERTIFICATE
All award winners will be included in both the online gallery and catalog and be presented with a certificate.

FOR FULL PROSPECTUS AND TO ENTER:

Please go to  www.nyc4pa.com  and click on LUMINOSITY - THE IMPACT OF LIGHT

-

http://www.nyc4pa.com