Topics

Amazon alert

Barbara Nelson 1
 

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for “privilege” of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for). It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the “prime club.”

Additionally they charged me for a book never delivered. This “under review”

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

--
Barbara Nelson

Donna Rocco
 

Thanks for the heads up, Barbara! It's important to be careful and check cc statements.


On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 11:53 AM Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...> wrote:
Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for “privilege” of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the “prime club.”

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This “under review”

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

--
Barbara Nelson



Marilyn Kirsch
 

Thanks for the warning Barbara!

Marilyn

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

Leslye
 



Begin forwarded message:

From: Leslye <LFKphoto@...>
Date: December 8, 2018 at 1:14:12 PM EST
To: Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...>
Cc: PWP <professionalwomenphotographers@...>
Subject: Re: [PWP] Amazon alert

Hi Barbara,
 I had the same thing happen!
 It took several phone calls and asking for a Supervisor to cancel this Prime membership which I never signed up for. It’s a scam! I didn’t catch it for several months.
 Scary, the world we live in!
 Take care.
    Leslye Kohl



On Dec 8, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...> wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for “privilege” of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the “prime club.”

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This “under review”

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

--
Barbara Nelson




Marilyn Kirsch
 

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

Barbara Nelson 1
 

have to be very vigil  to all subscription based/ annual renewals - I had to put together a spread sheet with renewal dates- I was not happy when  found I had subscriptions to some magazines that goes out to 2020 (it’s the old trick of sending renewal notices written in such a way that looks like your subscription/license  is due immediately but in fact it is still 6 months out until renewal is due.  Amazon’s little trick is arogent
 and beyond acceptance.   Being the giant in the room doesn’t mean they can do whatever they think of.

I got an email immediately that they have removed the billing and in fact will credit me for December (where it showed up on my credit card) - will have to remember to check Jan AmEx bill shows credit. They must have realized the liability they have.  But in the mean time I had to spend  several hours on this plus negative energy.  If I had the time I would seriously report them

barbara nelson

PS you might want to send out the alert to other groups you belong to.
.



On Dec 8, 2018, at 4:08 PM, Marilyn Kirsch <marilyn@...> wrote:

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson


--
Barbara Nelson 

robin sacknoff
 

i also got a notice from itunes that i was being billed for a subscription i cancelled. so i guess we all have to carefully check our credit card statements


On Dec 8, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...> wrote:

have to be very vigil  to all subscription based/ annual renewals - I had to put together a spread sheet with renewal dates- I was not happy when  found I had subscriptions to some magazines that goes out to 2020 (it’s the old trick of sending renewal notices written in such a way that looks like your subscription/license  is due immediately but in fact it is still 6 months out until renewal is due.  Amazon’s little trick is arogent
 and beyond acceptance.   Being the giant in the room doesn’t mean they can do whatever they think of.

I got an email immediately that they have removed the billing and in fact will credit me for December (where it showed up on my credit card) - will have to remember to check Jan AmEx bill shows credit. They must have realized the liability they have.  But in the mean time I had to spend  several hours on this plus negative energy.  If I had the time I would seriously report them

barbara nelson

PS you might want to send out the alert to other groups you belong to.
.



On Dec 8, 2018, at 4:08 PM, Marilyn Kirsch <marilyn@...> wrote:

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson


--
Barbara Nelson 

Leslye
 

It took me three months to notice it. The first time I called and cancelled and was supposed to get a refund, nothing happened, even though they sent me an email confirming. The next time I called I insisted on talking to a "supervisor" and I was very firm with her! I told her it was a SCAM! She sent me an email confirming the cancellation and five months credits which I just got on my AmEx.


In a message dated 12/8/2018 4:08:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, marilyn@... writes:

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson

Barbara
 

Yes, it's a good idea to check monthly statements! If you dispute a charge with Amazon or any other merchant and don't get satisfaction, dispute the charge with the credit card company. I think you have 60 days or two billing cycles to dispute a charge. If you initiate a dispute, the credit card will issue a temporary credit to your account while they investigate the issue with the merchant. From my experience working at American Express and as a cardmember, I cannot imagine that Amex would rebill you these relatively small amounts. Either the merchant issues a credit or Amex absorbs the charge. 


On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:08 PM Marilyn Kirsch <marilyn@...> wrote:

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson



--
-Barbara

Leslye
 

I could have done the same, but I wanted to hold Amazon accountable! Can you imagine how much money they make charging people $14 - and most people never notice it! It is definitely a SCAM!

In a message dated 12/8/2018 4:59:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, bnelson2@... writes:

credit - one of reasons I love AmEx.  they ton’t have paid the vendor yet .

BN

On Dec 8, 2018, at 4:52 PM, Leslye via Groups.Io <LFKphoto@...> wrote:

Leslye
 

I did but it took two phone calls over a couple of months to get it resolved.
Can you imagine how much money they are making off of  people who don't notice the charge? I didn't catch it for three months!


In a message dated 12/8/2018 4:44:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, bnelson2@... writes:

make them credit you for all the months.  Given how fast I got a response, they know they’re in trouble and could really get a penalty plus bad press.

I also just got an email that I am being immediately credited for the book I didn’t receive..  That would have happened anyway if I had been in the country to complain but their little scam is hugely dishonest and would get them in a lot of trouble if a case was filed.

barbara nelson

On Dec 8, 2018, at 1:19 PM, Leslye via Groups.Io <LFKphoto@...> wrote:





Begin forwarded message:

From: Leslye <LFKphoto@...>
Date: December 8, 2018 at 1:14:12 PM EST
To: Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...>
Cc: PWP <professionalwomenphotographers@...>
Subject: Re: [PWP] Amazon alert

Hi Barbara,
 I had the same thing happen!
 It took several phone calls and asking for a Supervisor to cancel this Prime membership which I never signed up for. It’s a scam! I didn’t catch it for several months.
 Scary, the world we live in!
 Take care.
    Leslye Kohl



On Dec 8, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Barbara Nelson 1 <bnelson2@...> wrote:
Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.
Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for “privilege” of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the “prime club.”
Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This “under review”
This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!
barbara nelson
--
Barbara Nelson

Marilyn Kirsch
 

Yes, I found out today that for me, the "prime" charges were happening for three months. Somehow they just slipped though.
I'm supposed to receive a credit of $56.56 and no more charges.

What a disgusting scam from a company that is making a fortune anyway.

I'm going to stop buying through Amazon unless it is something that can't be found anywhere else that I really need.
This means that I don't really need Amazon.

Also, the reviews are bogus: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-merchants-secretly-use-facebook-to-flood-amazon-with-fake-reviews/2018/04/23/5dad1e30-4392-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dab9f9312825

There is also another reason not to use Amazon: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/environmental-impact-of-amazon-prime


M
arilyn

On 2018-12-08 16:52, Leslye via Groups.Io wrote:

It took me three months to notice it. The first time I called and cancelled and was supposed to get a refund, nothing happened, even though they sent me an email confirming. The next time I called I insisted on talking to a "supervisor" and I was very firm with her! I told her it was a SCAM! She sent me an email confirming the cancellation and five months credits which I just got on my AmEx.

 
In a message dated 12/8/2018 4:08:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, marilyn@... writes:
 

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson
 

Leslye
 

I've already stopped so quickly going to Amazon to order from them. Many times they are more expensive anyway.
I laugh when people say they have "Prime" - what they don't realize is that they are paying for it! I never signed up for Prime.
But this is definitely a SCAM!
Take care.
  Leslye

In a message dated 12/8/2018 5:32:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, marilyn@... writes:

Yes, I found out today that for me, the "prime" charges were happening for three months. Somehow they just slipped though.
I'm supposed to receive a credit of $56.56 and no more charges.

What a disgusting scam from a company that is making a fortune anyway.

I'm going to stop buying through Amazon unless it is something that can't be found anywhere else that I really need.
This means that I don't really need Amazon.

Also, the reviews are bogus: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-merchants-secretly-use-facebook-to-flood-amazon-with-fake-reviews/2018/04/23/5dad1e30-4392-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dab9f9312825

There is also another reason not to use Amazon: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/environmental-impact-of-amazon-prime


M
arilyn

On 2018-12-08 16:52, Leslye via Groups.Io wrote:

It took me three months to notice it. The first time I called and cancelled and was supposed to get a refund, nothing happened, even though they sent me an email confirming. The next time I called I insisted on talking to a "supervisor" and I was very firm with her! I told her it was a SCAM! She sent me an email confirming the cancellation and five months credits which I just got on my AmEx.


In a message dated 12/8/2018 4:08:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, marilyn@... writes:

Thanks to this post I looked and found that it has happened to me too. I am on the phone now with Amazon trying
to get a credit for their recent charge and off their list of Prime customers! I wonder how many of these charges I've missed.

On 2018-12-08 11:53, Barbara Nelson 1 wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for "privilege" of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for).  It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the "prime club."

Additionally they charged me for a  book never delivered.  This "under review"

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson


Barbara Nelson 1
 

HI ALL
Resending this - being weekend and holiday distractions - maybe not all read my alert.
Several people have responded to me that they checked their statements and indeed getting monthly bills for “signing up” for the Amazon Prime Club. with monthly charge. If you have bought anything from Amazon or have an account with them I suggest you review your credit card statement or bank - to make sure you are not being billed. Someone at Amazon has gotten very creative. Something similar happened at Wells Fargo a few years ago when pressure was on to open more accounts.


Also forward the alert to other clubs/association you belong to.

barbara nelson

On Dec 8, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Barbara Nelson 1 <@BarbaraN> wrote:

Caution with Amazon - carefully check any charges by Amazon.

Reviewing my AM EX monthly bill - discovered a new monthly charge of $14.14 for “privilege” of upgrading to Amazon Prime Club (which I did not sign up for). It took me an hour to navigate through their massive website to cancel the “prime club.”

Additionally they charged me for a book never delivered. This “under review”

This is not how I want to send my morning however - hate fighting with computers!

barbara nelson
--
Barbara Nelson