Topics

time to bloom and grow #Exhibition

Lita Riddock

Greetings All -

Working on “Our Botanical World” has given me a lot of time to reflect and smell the flowers. Since becoming a board member and Director of Exhibitions for PWP in June of 2014 I have had the privilege of curating shows and editing books, meeting hundreds of people, working with thousands of images and have done tons of administrative stuff. My goal for each exhibition was to put everyone slightly outside of their artistic comfort zone to spark different areas of creativity and productivity. Now it’s time for me to do the same with my own work. I am resigning as Director of Exhibitions. I will continue to be an active PWP member and be on hand to help with the transition to something new. I look forward to doing more private curating, creating great art as well as teaching and learning. I am happy to end my tenure on a high note when everything is in bloom.

Peace,
Lita Riddock

Janice Wood Wetzel

You've done a great job, Lita. You will be missed. As a former Exhibition committee member for eight years, I know how much it takes.
Jan Wetzel

--
Janice Wood Wetzel
“Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." Margaret Mead

Joann Frechette

Lita,

Thanks for all your hard work over these past few years. Glad you will still be involved with PWP. See you in the Fall.

On Aug 22, 2018, at 8:58 PM, Lita Riddock <litariddock@...> wrote:

[...]

Debbie

Lita,
Your hard work and dedication was obvious to all us members, and you did it with gusto! I truly appreciated all that you were involved in, and look forward to seeing more of you in the future!
Fondly,
DebbieTeicholz Guedalia

On Aug 23, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Joann Frechette <joannfrechettephotography@...> wrote:

Lita,

Thanks for all your hard work over these past few years. Glad you will still be involved with PWP. See you in the Fall.

Joann

[...]

Judith

lita, you have done a fabulous job and i wish you the best in whatever you decide for yourself!

but you will be missed!

best
judy

Nancy Langer

I cannot compliment you enough for the tireless, energetic and expert contribution you made to produce the PWP gallery shows. It is not easy to undertake such complex tasks and you did it with enthusiasm and dedication and with a clear vision. It will be difficult to fill your shoes. Thank you so much for your efforts. I hope your pursuit of your own photography is productive and satisfying. Thanks so much again. Best, Nancy

Fredda Gordon

Dear Lita,
We would like to thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into PWP. You have truly made a difference over your tenure as Exhibitions Director and Board Member. Starting with Small Wonders, through a second We Au Naturel exhibit at Soho Photo, Whims of Weather, Primarily Color, Structure in the City, Its All in the Details, Scene on the Street, The Power of Tones, and most recently, Our Botanical World, you have worked hard and tirelessly to help us show our work. You also introduced us to the idea of a Salon which we have embraced. Your excitement for each show was evident as you would speak at the monthly meetings, and this energy helped us to get our work in and on the walls of some great galleries. We wish you luck in making the most of your new found time and that you continue to bring artwork to life.

Thank you!!
Fredda, Sureita, Donna, Vanetta, Francoise and Kim

Araya Digital

Hi Lita,
Thank you so much for all of your incredible work for PWP. You have really moved Exhibitions to new heights and have encouraged all of us to think about our work in so many different ways. So delighted that you will remain an active part of PWP, and will now have time to focus on your own work.
 Wishing you love, peace and health,
Adele

Adele Epstein
Araya Digital Inc.
917-757-4011

On Aug 23, 2018, at 8:12 PM, Fredda Gordon <freddag123@...> wrote:

[...]

thanks to everyone for writing such amazing messages of thanks, praise and encouragement.
Your kind words assure me that I am doing the right thing and changing from being a leader to being a grander Lita.
Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated and will be put to good use.

Peace and Prosperity,
Lita

Lynne

Lita:
Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into our exhibitions and promoting Professional Women Photographers.
I realize all the hard work that goes into exhibiting and which is even more appreciated since everything is done by volunteers.
Thanks again and good luck in future endeavors.
Lynne

      Wow!!!
       I just saw this email.
      Congratulations  My Dearest Lita,  I am
      Super excited on your Journey,
      I have to say you have been a Pillar for
      All of us, I am so grateful for all you
      Have done, your professionalism and
      Wisdom and your work ethics is
      Impressive, you are such incredible
      Role-model.  Thank you, You have
      A huge inspiration to me, thank you
      For teaching me and inspiring me.

           Muchooooo Amor,
            ARLENE

[...]

Arlene C Santiago @ Faithful

Agape

Maria

Dear Lita,

Congratulations on your successful stewardship  as PWP Director of Exhibitions. Participating in the PWP exhibitions has "raised the bar" for me, personally,  as an artist. The quality and popularity of the exhibitions you curated reflect  your countless hours of professional efforts. May your garden thrive and bring you joy !

Best wishes, Maria

Maria Passannante-Derr
80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1008
New York, N.Y.  10011
212-242-6650 office
212-989-7795 fax
917-848-3919 cell
mpd411@...

[...]

Karin

Dear Lita,

Thank you for all your work which we for sure did not appreciate fully or thank you enough at the time. At least now you are hearing it and should be heart warming to you. I thank you for supporting our work and that all you gave will be returned to you in your future. B
Best wishes,
Karin