Topics

Visiting NYC #pwp #MonthlyMeeting

slmartzy@...

I live in Knoxville, TN and just joined the group this year. I am thinking of coming up for the June meeting. Where is the best (safest) place to stay? Also, best food? And what is a must see while there?

Professional Women Photographers

Hello Sharon,
It would be great if you could make it to the June meeting! Give me a call if you want to discuss the answers to your questions over the phone. 917-783-0071. Also, I'm sure other members will also have recommendations.
Fredda

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:55 PM, <slmartzy@...> wrote:
I live in Knoxville, TN and just joined the group this year. I am thinking of coming up for the June meeting. Where is the best (safest) place to stay? Also, best food? And what is a must see while there?

Laura

I suggest the Lucerne Hotel, which is reasonable by NYC standards. https://www.thelucernehotel.com/

201 West 79th Street, NY, 10024, USA

Phone: 212.875.1000

Apologies if this sends twice, this email list format confuses me. Laura

Meryl

A friend of mine from Paris and another from Bristol UK have stayed at:
The Larchmont in the West-Village:
It's in a great location and reasonable price for NYC.

Here is what the Parisian says:
(Singles rooms are awful closets,
double rooms are possible,
“King-bedrooms with view” are the best, .
but: “shared bathrooms” at each floor (although extremely clean).

Must see- our wonderful museums, parks

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:55 PM, <slmartzy@...> wrote:
I live in Knoxville, TN and just joined the group this year. I am thinking of coming up for the June meeting. Where is the best (safest) place to stay? Also, best food? And what is a must see while there?

slmartzy@...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have one more question. Which airport should I fly into? I've heard horrible things about LaGuardia. But it looks like the closest airport.

Sharon Popek
www.sharonpopek.com

Laura

LaGuardia is closest to the city, so a cab from there is less expensive. There is also an MTA bus, and other kinds of buses. I fly from there regularly and while the recent remodeling/construction is a bit messy, it has not impeded my trips. Newark has train transportation and that is not hard to figure out. Sometimes flights there are less than LaGuardia/Kennedy. If traveling from Kennedy I recommend the LIRR option over the subway (Howard Beach) option.

slmartzy@...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help. However, I will not be able to make it up for the May meeting. I will try again in the fall. Hopefully, I'll get to meet everyone eventually. I did send some photos for the slideshow. I hope you enjoy them! - Sharon Popek