Grey skies/sunny spirits at PWP/QBG OBG Reception

Joyce Morrill

Queens Botanical Garden hosted the Opening Reception of Our Botanical World Friday evening as artists and their guests mingled on the terrace and in the Gallery enjoying tasty food, flowing wine and the members’ 149 images shimmering on the walls.

Congratulations and kudos to the artists and to the QBG and PWP committees who worked tirelessly and creatively to make this unusual exhibition possible. Thanks to all the QBG staff who work behind the scenes to support the Gallery effort! And special thanks to Susan Lacerte, QBG Director, for her vision and support of the Gallery.

 QBG provides the Gallery space free of charge to individual  artists (see Gallery Application forms on QBG website http://www.queensbotanical.org) as well as printing cards, banners and promoting the exhibit on their website and in their printed materials.   For PWP, their first group show, QBG hosted the generous reception and is partnering with PWP  in the sales effort for the images and books  that will continue throughout the show. We are hoping for a robust response so encourage your friends and fans to enjoy and buy at the very reasonable price point established for the prints.

Our Botanical World is on display through Saturday, August 5 so there is plenty of time to visit, or re-visit with friends and fans, to photograph in the garden and the surrounding communities and enjoy the varied local cuisine. Remember, Garden admission is free to PWP members throughout the run of the show. There is a Photo Walk conducted by PWP on June 23, 10 AM - 12PM and a QBG Photo Contest, “People, Plants, Cultures” to encourage interest and participation by photographers at all levels in " our botanical world." Hope to see you and your family and friends at the Garden soon.

Cheers,

Joyce and Ed Morrill
QBG Exhibition Committee. Founding Members
Joyce, Longtime PWP Member
Ed, Ardent Admirer of PWP!

Join Members@PWP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.